Sunday, November 28, 2010

Turtle In Water Tagging, Nest Excavation, Rescue Diver

In case you didn't realize I'm addicted to the ocean; here are some non-school activity updates. In water tagging occurs every week; here we are PIT tagging this hawksbill for microchip ID upon future sightings or nest laying. Last week we caught both a green and a hawksbill in the same morning. The one in the bottom right corner of one photo holding the hawsbill's head for PIT site prepping is me :) I'm also wearing a hat and counting eggs in the nest excavation and hatchling release. As of this morning, I'm officially a rescue diver. I completed the CPR, DAN Oxygen Admin, and Rescue certifications. We spent all morning practicing rescue scenarios: tired diver, panicked diver, missing diver, unconscious diver, etc. I'm wiped after running around rescuing people with full scuba gear.

Two weeks left until finals: I feel like I live at the library. Otherwise, eat, sleep, study, repeat...

home soon!

take care

lkc

No comments:

Post a Comment