Friday, September 18, 2009

Pyschomotor Clinical Skills, Volleyball, Thoracic Limb Review

Weekends don't really exist here; yes, there are no classes, but practically nothing besides studying occurs. For instance, on both Sat and Sun I have three different TA sessions and a tutor session each day. Study and eat in between. Had our first clinical skills intro today. They showed us the correct/incorrect ways to hold instruments, then had a race at the end to determine whether or not we needed to practice (?!) I finished well within the allotted 2.5 minutes we had to frantically move our beads around, but I highly doubt that on our first day she could tell which of us would be the greatest surgeons. I'm going to go ahead and make the assumption that I will need to practice, often.

Upon asking me what type of practice I'm interested in, another student was surprised to hear podiatry. "You already know?" was the response. Yes we're only first semesters, but this is not just la la la I love animals... yes I already know! Why would I be here if I didn't? Clearly we didn't trek all the way to another country and seek private education if we weren't dedicated to the profession. Some of the nonchalant attitudes here shock me. Obviously some of us came to party instead.

Speaking of, everyone's buzzing about going out tonight (Fridays is THE night for the entire island) especially since the British Royal Navy is visiting for Independence.  That oughtta be interesting. The mutual plan for the gaggle of firsties is burst out of our final class, head over to Timothy beach for volleyball (I'll be floating in the sea on the sidelines) then back to run around and then go party it up at Ziggy's chasing navy boys. I'm planning on hitting up volleyball with the rest of the crew, then my 6th semester friends whose parents adopted me in the customs line will be rescuing me from firstie chaos and we'll catch Indian food for dinner. Sounds like a fine plan to me : )

then its complete anat/histo/nutr/physio submersion for the weekend

- bye for now -

lkc

No comments:

Post a Comment